Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pulling Lebanon Back From the Brink, by James Zogby

If you read nothing else this week, please go to the link below and read James Zogby’s article in the Huffington Post.





   About 1 ½ years ago I wrote a number of blogs that, at the time, I felt were a little far fetched; plausible, but not probable. Then along comes Mr. James Zogby. His recent article in the Huffington Post, “Pulling Lebanon Back From The Brink”, caused the hair on the back of my neck to stand at attention, and a course of the goose-bumps raced through my body. I really wasn’t ready for this, and I’m feeling skittish about protracting logic and reality into the future.

   What I wrote about back then was a theory about a progression of events that would possibly sound a death knell for the State of Israel. It went something like as follows.

   The ruling S’hia minority in Iran has had its eye on Iraq for quite some time now. Knowing that Syria has a strong S’hia leadership, it would make sense that Iran would be in a position to broker some sort of alliance with Syria. This alliance would take place after Iran takes over the reins in Iraq. With Iraq in economic and political disaster, the taking control of Iraq by Iran is not a very far-fetched idea. It is also an idea that I am sure has not escaped the Iranian Leadership. I believe we no longer have to fear Iran’s nuclear ambitions as much as their expansionistic bent.

   This is where Lebanon comes in. With the Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian war machine perched on Israel’s border, the overthrow and occupation of Lebanon by the “Axis of Evil” is simply a solid military strategy. A quick look at a map of the region tells you exactly what I’m fearing as a worst case scenario. Now, with Egypt in the throws of military leadership, the Israelis have no where to go, and I think we all are aware of those consequences. Any military conflict at this stage of the game will finally be the horrendous bloodbath that some folks have seen in their crystal balls for a while.

   I am the last person who wants to witness this tragedy. Its just that every time I let my guard down and stop paying attention, an article, or occurrence, similar to Mr. Zogby’s account jumps off the page, and I end up having nightmares about the impending Jihad brewing in the Middle East.

No comments:

Post a Comment