“Throw ‘em out Thursday”
Just a little VA business before we start...
1) Do you really want to get the new VA ID card they are touting? Good luck, Skippy! “va.gov” takes you through the login process and flips you through pages to gleam more information (information they already have on you). Then, at the very end, they kick your ass out and tell you to call their phone number. Again, good luck with that, Skippy. I tried it! I was on hold for 35 minutes to see if they would pick up my call. Nada, nothing, nihil, nyet, no...Hell no. I had to disconnect because it was running the battery on my cell phone down to dangerously low levels.
2) Yes, you can actually make a medical appointment online through MyHealtheVet. Be prepared to spend some time doing it. The pages take over 2 minutes apiece to load, and there are a few of them. The process took a total of 15 minutes. It does beat the Hell out of doing it in person and encountering one of those cheery folks on the phone lines, or at the Clinic Front Desk with even more cheery folks.
3) And, here’s what your wonderful, caring "Person Centered Care" VA Health Administration is offering all you suffering Veterans. It is the brainchild of, who else...the Planetree pyramid/Ponzi Scheme folks; aka Marge “Large And In Charge” Rogan and Gina “The Loud Mouth” Maurer.
You may know that VA offers health care to eligible Veterans, but did you know VA also offers a whole health approach? This empowers you to take charge of your health and well-being, and live your life to the fullest. The focus of whole health is to improve your quality of life through well-being programs tailored to your needs. While health care options like these are often not covered by private insurance, they are increasingly available through VA.
Five types of services available for Veterans include:
· Rehabilitation programs — Veterans sports clinics, games
· Recreational therapy — Equestrian therapy, adaptive sports
· Exercise and movement — Dance/Zumba, weight loss programs, tai chi, yoga
· Personal development — Vet Centers, music therapy, art therapy, poetry and writing classes
· Recharging activities — Mindfulness meditation, guided imagery, sleep hygiene, acupuncture
Access these services and more by enrolling in VA health care. Visit Explore.VA.gov
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs | 810 Vermont Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20420
Now, let the games begin!
I am getting a lot more explicit descriptions of what’s going on in and around our little Hospital on the hill.
I will report.....you decide.
1) one of many anonymous email submissions:
As you know Northport has medical and surgical residents and students. They spend long hours working with veterans. Some of them live in building 17 and 20 on the grounds. As you also know, they have done a real fuck job with the steam pipes. From July to November (5 months) these students and residents had no hot water. They were bathing in the gym, nursing home, hospital. Basically, any place they could a hot shower. They were afraid to speak out, but leadership knew all along and did nothing until someone asked why all these people were lining up in the gym to shower and complained. Some of these students and residents were heating water in pots just to wash up in the morning. Waking and driving on the grounds in bathrobes and flip flops to find a working shower to bathe. This is a huge story. Big kept secret. Newsday worthy. Sounds unbelievable, but it’s all true.”
Really, VA? Is this how you treat our future Doctors? This is disgraceful!!!
2) Through the grapevine:
Primary Care is once again being decimated. I had heard that all firing notices were on hold until after Christmas and New Year’s. I guess someone just couldn’t keep his knickers up and had to “screw-ge” some folks, anyway. Hi, “Snake”!
3) Mandar “The Magnificent” Tank, Chief/Primary Care, and Sterling “Pewter” Alexander, Asst. Chief/Primary Care were demoted and busted down to buck privates for Christmas “in the wink of the eye”. Word on the street says the movements are a result of a recent EEO lawsuit decision in favor of a female former VA primary care physician against this pair. I wonder how Sterling “Pewter’s” reassignment to Riverhead CBOC will affect his ability to arrive on time for his all important nighttime job at Good Samaritan Hospital. I bet you didn’t realize that all three of Northport’s crack team of “Hospitalists” also have their after hours gigs at private hospitals in the area, and they’re frequently seen leaving early from the VA to get to their other jobs…after all, they have less than 10 patients each at the VA so why hang around ?
Can you say:
“SOMEBODY CALL THE IG TO INVESTIGATE TIMECARD FRAUD ??”
4) Hussein “The Finger” Foda is now Chief O’Primary Care ... as well as Chief O’Medicine, Chief O’Research, and sole proprietor of the Research Corporation of Long Island (you might want to “goggle” this one). He seems to be in competition with “Chatty” Cathy Cruise to see who can plaster their office door with the most “Chief O’” plaques!
5) Mary “Standing Pat” Hessman, our outstanding Chief Financial Officer, was apparently doing something strange with the “books” and some payroll deductions for Employees. “Chatty” Cathy Cruise and Scotty “Lock The Door” Guermonprez deemed it necessary to get Steve “The Snake” Snyder to transfer “Standing Pat” over to the Logistics Department which is run by “Tiny” Tony Torggler. Word has it that there may have been some sort of harassment problem here, too. Seems like “Standing Pat” hasn’t approved “Tiny” Tony’s requests for funding in quite some time. There’s just a little bad blood between the two, and now they are staring at each other in the same Office.
6) Oh, oh....there’s been an update! Mary “Standing Pat” Hessman just resigned Thursday at 11: 30 AM while under an active investigation and walked out the door! The Boys in The Band were trying to hang something on her, right or wrong, and she beat them to the punch. Well played, “Standing Pat”; well played.
7) And, do I need to say any more? Philly “The Fat Man” Mo-Schitt-A has been seen hanging out with Scotty “Lock The Door” Guermonprez. Looks like “The Fat Man” is trying to teach “Lock The Door” all the ins and outs of running a failing hospital! A virtual match made in Heaven, don’t you think?
8) News Flash....the annual VA Northport Holiday party took place at the Larkfield Manor Friday night. This is all being paid for by the taxpayers (that’s right, us), so why aren’t we all on the guest list? There might be some interesting “Kodak moments” to be had inside at the party and outside at the end of the party. Who’s going home with who; who put a dent in the booze supply; will the Suffolk County Police be lying in wait to cash in on the drunk drivers?
9) I keep receiving copies of letters of complaints lodged with the Office of Special Counsel in Washington, DC. It sounds like they are being disregarded, but you know someone is taking notes. At some point in time, they will amass enough of these complaints to actually have to act on them. I have the feeling that these complaints are making their way to the Joint Commission and Committees of Congress; probably to Senators and Representatives, too.
730 M Street, N.W., Suite 201
Washington, D.C. 20036-4505
Mr. Hutch Dubosque
10 Woolsey Street
Huntington, NY rredactedII743
Re: OSC File No. MA-17-5555
Dear Mr. Dubosque:
This letter responds to the correspondence you recently submitted to the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC) against management officials at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). In this correspondence, you indicate your concern with the condition of the facility. The Complaints Examining Unit has carefully considered the information you provided. However, based on our evaluation of the facts and law applicable to your circumstances, we have made a determination to close the investigation into this matter.
The Office of Special Counsel is authorized to investigate allegations of prohibited personnel practices and certain activities prohibited by civil service law, rule, or regulation. 5 U.S.C §§ 1214(a)(1)(A). 1216(a) and 2302(b). The provisions of 5 U.S.C. § 2302 establish that our authority to investigate prohibited personnel practices extends only to employees, former employees or applicants for employment to competitive or excepted service positions in Executive Branch departments and agencies of the federal government. The information you provide indicates you are not an employee, former employee or applicant for employment as indicated above. Further, while you contend that there are health violations at the VA Medical Center in North port, New York, this does not constitute a prohibited personnel practice or any other prohibited activity within the Special Counsel's investigative jurisdiction. Accordingly, we are unable to take any action in response to your complaint and have closed our file in this matter
Finally, it appears you are trying to make a disclosure of a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety. The Office of Special Counsel does have the authority to refer allegations of a violation of law. rule or regulation; gross mismanagement; a gross waste of funds; an abuse of authority, or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety to the head of the agency involved for an investigation and report. If you intend that we review this information to determine if it may be sent to the head of the agency for a report pursuant to 5 U.S.C. § 1213, please visit our website at www.osc.gov, and complete Form OSC-12 and return it to our Disclosure Unit, Office of Special Counsel, 1730 M Street, NW\ Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036. or call the OSC Disclosure Unit at 1-800-572-2249.
Angela D. Rush
Complaints Examining Unit
10) On a lighter note...
After three years of a “no-show” Chief O’Surgery with Stage-4 Cancer, and three years of an “interim Chief O’Surgery” who finally told them to shove it, the management of our little Hospital on the hill is embarking on a job search for a real, honest-to-goodness Chief O’Surgery. With your reputation in the medical world, good luck with that, boys!
Northport VA Medical Center - Northport, New York
The Northport, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a full-time active, operating Board certified Chief O’Surgery. ?The successful candidate will provide and oversee comprehensive...
WHAT WE’RE WATCHING:
1) How many DUI’s were handed out Friday night on Larkfield Rd., East Northport, NY?
2) How many sexual harassment charges will result from this year’s Employee Christmas party in East Northport, NY?
3) What did this typically liver pickling party cost the Veterans Health Administration (aka, we the taxpayers)?
4) Was Philly “The Fat Man” seated at Scotty “Lock The Door’s” table?
5) When does the management find some money to buy concrete mix to patch the “blow Hole” in Bldg. #65?
6) Is the Pool ever going to be repaired and reopened?
8) When is Philly “The Fat Man” going to pick up his Orange Jumpsuit?
9) Where does the Psychiatry Department go from here?
MY LITTLE GIRL DOESN’T LIKE YOU VERY MUCH!