"The Northport" - totally new and up to code!
Our Bldg. #65 is literally blowing up.
And, as usual, Northport management
doesn't give a crap!
FILED / SUBMITTED - 02/15/2019
Formal complaint to: The Occupational Safety and Health Administration
1400 Old Country Rd., Ste. 208
Westbury, NY 11590
Subject: Steam Pipe Explosions
Location: VA Medical Center
79 Middleville Rd.
Northport, NY 11768
Bldg. #65 / 1st Floor/ PRRP
(PTSD Residential Rehabilitation Program)
· This is a Residential/Inpatient PTSD treatment program for Veterans suffering from severe and chronic Military PTSD. There are eight Residents/Inpatients in this locked/restricted Unit twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, on a monthly and yearly basis. The PTSD Unit also provides individual and group therapy for Veterans who have completed the ninety-day Residential/Inpatient Program. There is a full complement of fifteen Staff members present during weekday (normal work hours) and two night nurses on duty seven days a week.
· On the night of Friday, February 8/2019, the night Staff noticed water leaks in the Ladies Bathroom. These leaks continued all weekend and into Monday, February 11/2019. Calls made to the Maintenance and Engineering Departments produced no results or action. On Monday afternoon, the suspect steam pipe experienced an explosion. The force of the explosion shook the building and demolished the drop ceilings in the 1st Floor Ladies Bathroom, the Staff Kitchen, and a Psychologist’s Office.
· Four weeks ago, a similar event occurred in an unused room on the same steam pipe loop. This steam pipe explosion also shook the build and demolished half of the drop ceiling along with two of the radiators in the room.
· Similar events took place last winter when a large steam pipe header in the basement of Bldg. #65 exploded three times in the course of two weeks. One of these explosions blew a hole in the 4” reinforced concrete 1st floor in the Residents’ Day Room. A chunk of concrete and floor tile was launched across the room on the first explosion.
These pipes carry highly pressurized steam for the heating system. For two consecutive winters, this building has experienced these malfunctions. The Staff, Residents, and Outpatients are extremely lucky that no one has been hurt physically. The psychological damage is another question, as this is a treatment Unit for Severe and Chronic PTSD. Everyone involved in this Unit are walking on eggshells just wondering when and where the next explosion will take place.
The "Chatty" OneTHESE TWO SHOW UP WITH MINIONS CARRYING CLIPBOARDS! OH, HOW PROFFESIONAL THEY ALL LOOKED.
She was too busy packing for
her junket to Washington DC.
|TWO WEEKS AGO|
|LADIES BATHROOM THIS WEEK|
PAINTER'S PLASTIC AND DUCT TAPE!
A building used for Inpatients is blowing up,
and "The Northport" is heating the great outdoors!
We were so comforted to see who showed up to inspect the damage three days after the leak lead to the explosion. [Of course, a phone call to Newsday never hurts.] Still, the pat answer/conclusion of all those carrying clipboards was, “Hey, nothing to see here; no problem; we got this.” Thanks go out to the Acting 1st Assistant to the Director, Charlene “The Charlatan” and our own Safety Guy, Louie “The Lip”, Chief O’Lip Service for a job well done!
We won’t mention what fell out of the ceiling that collapsed from the explosions. Could that have been rat/mouse feces?? Yes, it was. It’s happened many times before!
IN THE SPIRIT OF BEING “ALL INCLUSIVE”,
WE THOUGHT THIS YEAR’S OSCAR NOMINATIONS
NEEDED A FEW MORE CATEGORIES.
Based on late entries from the classic
Production of “The Northport”, the following
major and supporting awards have been added.
MAJOR ACTOR AWARDS -
1) Acting Director, 2) Acting Associate Director, 3) Acting Deputy Associate Director, 4) Acting Chief O’Staff, 5) Acting 1st Assistant to the Chief O’Staff, 6) Acting Chief O’Undesirable Employees,
1) Acting Chief O’Medicine, 2) Acting Chief O’Primary Care, 3) Acting Chief O’Surgery, 4) Acting Chief O’Nursing, 5) Acting Chief O’Pallative Care, 6) Acting Chief O’Pharmacy, 7) Acting Chief O’MRI Trailer,
1) Acting Chief O’Engineering, 2) Acting Chief O’Road Resurfacing, 3) Acting Chief O’Roofing/Manlifts, 4) Acting Chief O’Fixing Buildings, 5) Acting Chief O’Outside Contracts, 6) Acting Chief O’Steam Heat, 7) Acting Chief O’Steam Pipes, Acting Chief O’Paint To Hide Stuff,
SUPPORTING ACTOR AWARDS-
1) Acting Chief O’Recreation, 2) Acting Chief O’Swimming Pool, 3) Acting Chief O’Pole Dancing, 4) Acting Chief O’Cornhole,
1) Acting Chief O’Keystone Cops, 2) Acting Chief O’Parking Lot Guard Houses,
1) Acting Chief O’Kitchen Stuff, 2) Acting Chief O’Homeless, 3) Acting Chief O’Handing Out Free Shit,