Monday, January 16, 2012

A little bit of sanity

A little bit of sanity in an ocean of the absurd. One of our wonderful Comedy Channel hosts, aka. the GOP Presidential Candidates, has realized that History makes a difference. Ron Paul gave me one of those moments when you sit back and say:  “Some one here gets it.”
He went and admitted that Dwight Eisenhower warned us all of the inherent dangers of the Military/Industrial Complex. He actually used those words; the same words I’ve been using since I started “blogging”. Leads me to wonder: “Is some one reading my stuff”?

Please don’t run off telling everyone that I’m a Ron Paul supporter. I most definitely am not. I do, however, adhere to some of his positions regarding the Department of Defense and their run-away budget. The money (taxpayer’s money) that we spend overseas is a disgrace and an insult to the people of this Nation.

Our international policing, our nation building, and our preponderance of spreading democracy has to stop. No body out there likes it. We can’t afford it. So, why the Hell are we continuing to do it?

If there is anything our Country does internally, or externally, that is, or may be, unconstitutional, this would be it. I would even go out on a limb and say that our Founding Fathers would have our current leaders drawn and quartered for actions such as these. We fought a Revolutionary War to free us from Colonialism. We certainly don’t have a right to turn around and practice Colonialism ourselves. It is immoral, and unjust, and it needs to end now.

No comments:

Post a Comment