Re-posted from two weeks ago:[ from a man in Montana ....who, like the rest of us, has had just about enough]
Something tells me this guy might be a teensy bit pissed.
Reprinted form an e-mail I received from my old friend, Al.
Some slight editorial license was used to better format this piece.
“ Senator Alan Simpson Calls Seniors 'Greediest Generation “
Let’s get a few things straight.
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, have been safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades. You political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes. You bankrupted the system and turned Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN…
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills…
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you incompetent bastards spent our money with such reckless abandon that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay of YOUR debt…
To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bull@!$%#” on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bull@!$%#, I have a few questions for YOU…
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?
2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal? Oh, I forgot, you exempted yourself and your political cronies from the laws you made for us.
It is you, Captain Bull@!$%#, and your political co-conspirators who are “greedy”.
It is you and they who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes. That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
Personal Postlog: (added)
1] It’s been 68 days since America voted for a whole bunch of Republicans. John Boehner…where are the jobs? (sic., ibid, Keith O.)
2] Members of the House of Representatives are coming up on a $8,700.00 salary increase for 2011. Will that be part of their “Congressional Funding Cut”?
3] This Country has lost (permanently) 8 Million manufacturing jobs. Might it be time to rescind any, and all, off-shore tax breaks, incentives, et. al.?
4] Fully 1% of our GDP is currently comprised of Financial Market executive bonuses. What the Hell happened to Finance Reform?
5] I estimated, 12 months ago, that our financial commitment to the two Wars we are fighting would be $3.27 Trillion when the bullets stop flying. People scoffed at that number. Well, wouldn’t you know, Government projections have just verified that number. Just in dollars and cents (and, sense), can we really afford this kind of International Nation Building?
6] I do like and admire the man, but I can not agree with his choices of “advisors”.
Mr. President, why are we still listening to the very same folks who got us into all this mess?
7] It’s going to take a “pretty big pair” to extricate us from these depths. Since no one else is jumping up and down, I’ll gladly throw my hat in the ring. Any votes?