Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Who’s really on Welfare?

If you have ever asked yourself that question, have you taken the time to really think about the answer? I’ll be the first to admit that I receive what many regard as Welfare. I receive Social Security disability payments, Veteran’s Disability payments, and Unemployment payments. I certainly have no objection to “drug testing” as a prerequisite of qualifying for these payments. I would also point out that I paid for my Social Security in the form of payroll taxes; I certainly “paid” for the VA benefits I receive; and my chosen career path got hijacked and sent overseas by people who obvious couldn’t care less about anything other than their bank accounts. But, enough about me. Let’s look at the culprits of Welfare who simply are given vast amounts of monies by our Government.

Let’s start with with anyone who receives a paycheck from any form of government, or municipality. That money comes from tax collections. What does it cost to run a town, a village, a city, a State, or a Country? That money comes from tax collections. How about all the Senators and Representatives? They are paid from tax collections. You can see where I’m going with this, I hope.

As long as I’ve been aware of Social Security, the Proletariat and the Politicians have called it an “Entitlement Program”. Well, first of all, Social Security is paid for by the very people who end up using it. So, am I entitled to it? You betcha, Charlie! VA (Veterans) Benefits have been paid for in blood and tears. So, am I entitled to it? You betcha, Charlie!

Social Programs that have been paid for are not bringing our economy down. They are not the reasons for the Financial Deficit problems we face. These are not “hand-outs”. It is time to stop the financial hemorrhaging by forcing our Government to cease and desist giving Welfare to Corporations in forms of tax incentives/deductions, special accounting procedures , and allowing them to decimate our work force. Doesn’t anyone find it interesting that the heads of these corporations are also the ones who not only don’t pay taxes, but get refunds?

If, indeed, we last until the next major National Election, It might be very wise for the proletariat to regain control, and achieve governance for the People, by the People, and of the People

No comments:

Post a Comment